8.30.2011

redding > latour state demonstration forest, dispersed camp (1 | 19)

On 08.05.11, I boarded the early morning amtrak and rode to redding. Wheeling out of the station around 3pm, I headed out for 3 weeks of touring adventure along the high sierra upon my trusty rivendell atlantis. First things first, there was hundred degree heat to contend with before I reached those cooler climes.

IMG_0156
my first waypoint, lassen peak, visible over the lower ranges.

IMG_0158
turning onto bateman road around 3000 ft, from which i would gain hwy 89 through a series of dirt forest roads that topped out around 6000ft

IMG_0161
filtering water on my way up. camp that night would be set up in the dark alongside the trail: a long train/bus ride along with 40 miles continually climbing in the heat made for easy dreams.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictures of the first day look awesome. Look forward to read more day by day

Nico said...

The beginning of an epic journey!